Phentermine is a stimulant similar to the active compounds of amphetamine that acts as a suppressant for appetite in which by affecting the central nervous system on the side deck effects. The compound by chemically is known as Phentermine hydrochloride tablets with 37.5 mg dosage acts as an adjunct modification for weight reduction program.
Drug administration and dosage:
Phentermine hydrochloride is individualized initially to obtain with initial dosage to check out the adequate response with lowest effects. The limited dosage for an adult is one oral dosage/day: 37.5 mg as prescribed the physician. It should be administered orally before the morning food or 1 – 2 hours after breakfast. And it can be adjusted as per patients’ convenience indeed. And half dosage (18.75 mg/day) is recommended for some cases as twice a day.
It is strict No to the age under 16 years. And it is very important to note down that late evening dosage must be avoided wherein there might be possibilities for insomnia results.
The effectiveness of Phentermine 37.5 mg:
Once when the patients start charted down themselves with Phentermine dosage, they can see a rapid weight loss of 15 to 20 pounds a month. Because of its tendency of suppressing the appetite level, the individuals would take very lesser than that of normal intakes. Hence weight loss!
But once after the dosage course is completed, chances are big enough to gain double the earlier weight. It is the lack of weight loss pills. And so, once after completing the course, patients must go back to a charted food table enriched with nutritious supplement and no fats. And they must say big No to junk foods indeed. Though cravings would be there anyways, it is own control to rule over the taste buds.
Warnings and precautions:
The effectiveness of Phentermine 37.5 mg is however clinically approved for prescription; it is safe to hear the physician’s words. Appending below are the warnings in which there are a certain set of side effects.
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Development of Tolerance, Discontinuation in Case of Tolerance
- Effect on the Ability to Engage in Potentially Hazardous Tasks
- Feeling restless or hyperactive;
- A headache, dizziness, tremors;
- Sleep problems (insomnia);
- Dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- Diarrhea or constipation, upset stomach; or
- Increased or decreased interest in sex, impotence.
Serious side effects wherein the immediate call for a doctor is required:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- feelings of extreme happiness or sadness; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (a severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure)
- History of cardiovascular disease (e.g., coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, congestive heart failure, uncontrolled hypertension)
- Agitated states
- History of drug abuse